Effective May 1, 2018, The Federal Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS111 will require all vehicles with 10,000 lbs. GVW or less to have a rearview camera installed.
Dejana is considered a final stage manufacturer. As such, we are required to certify that all completed vehicles comply with all FMVSS regulations. All vehicles under 10,000 lb. GVW manufactured by an OEM after May 1st, 2018 must comply with FMVSS 111 and have a functioning back-up camera system.
If a pool vehicle or dealer supplied vehicle has a GVW under 10,000 lbs. and was manufactured after May 1st, it must have a working rear view camera system when it leaves one of our facilities.
- Some OEMs have a rear view camera system as standard equipment that is already installed on the vehicle. If our upfit does not affect its functionality there is no action required.
- In some instances, our upfit may require us to relocate an OEM installed camera.
- For example, pickup bed removals where backup cameras were integral with the tailgate. If the pickup tailgate had a camera in it, we will be required to relocate and reinstall the existing equipment, or install a new camera system.
- Some OEMs have a backup camera as standard equipment, but ship the cameras loose and it is our responsibility to install the system. This will require a labor only charge.
- If your vehicle does not come with a backup camera as standard equipment, then we can install an after-market camera to be in compliance.
|VEHICLE TYPE:||STANDARD |
|BACKUP CAMERA:||OPTION CODE:|
|RAM Pro Master City||Factory Installed|
|RAM Pro Master Vans||Factory Installed|
|RAM Promaster Cutaways (1)||Installation Required|
|RAM 1500 Pickup||Factory Installed|
|RAM 2500 Box Delete||Installation Required|
|FORD Transit Connects||Factory Installed|
|FORD Transit Vans||Factory Installed|
|FORD Transit Cutaways <10k (1)||Required||61C|
|FORD E Series Cutaways (1,2)||Not Required|
|FORD F-X-W Pickup <10k||Factory Installed|
|FORD F-X-W 66D Box Delete <10k||Required||872|
|CHEVY/GMC Savana & Express Van||Factory Installed|
|CHEVY/GMC Savana/ Express Cutaways <10k (1)||Installation Required||UVC w DRJ|
|CHEVY/GMC 1500 Pickup||Factory Installed|
|CHEVY/GMC 2500 Box Delete||Required|
(1) Including High Cubes & KUV/s (2) GVW > 10,000 lbs. – Not Required
Rear View Camera & Installation Options:
- Install OEM Provided Camera
- Relocate OEM Installed Camera
- ROS STSK4530W – Mirror Monitor
- ROS STSK5465 – 5″ Monitor
- ROS STSK7465 – 7″ Monitor
Reach out to your Dejana sales representative today to find out more on what Dejana can do to help!