Hub Drive Cable Trailer
Dejana’s Hub Drive Cable Trailer is a self-propelled cable pulling trailer that utilizes the same patented technology as the Hub Drive Cable Puller and can deliver up to 400,000 in-lbs. of pulling power.
When extended, the entire reel unit can also be moved laterally up to 24 inches in either direction which makes spooling cable in difficult locations quick and easy. The trailer features a self-propelled and steerable nose wheel that is capable of being driven by remote control at speeds of up to 2 MPH. The system is designed for both underground and overhead cable pulling applications and has a lift arm capacity of 16,000 lbs.
The patented reel drive system is unique in that it is all hydraulic with a direct drive crankshaft powered by two hydraulic cylinders on each arm. The hydraulic lifting cylinders are directly connected to the arms without any linkage providing less parts, less breakage, and longer service life. Each arm can deliver 200,000 inch-pounds of torque each (or a combined 400,000 inch-pounds of force), which means that using a 84” diameter reel, the drive system can pull up to 20,000 pounds.
In addition, the reel drive, when fully extended and under full power, can be moved laterally as much as 34 inches in either direction. This feature gives the operator much greater flexibility on the job site by allowing him to avoid obstacles with the reel unit. It also facilitates even spooling and provides off-set or side-pull capability when removing or installing cable. The reel and winch systems are designed with a proportional controlled modular hydraulic system that incorporates a variable flow, pressure compensated pump with a low volume hydraulic system that requires only 30 gallons of hydraulic fluid.
- Self propelled for easy maneuvering at the jobsite
- Patented drive system capable of delivering up to 400,000 in lbs. of pulling power!
- Directly connected hydraulic cylinders without toggle linkages for longer service life.
- Reel unit with 34” lateral (L-R) movement for quick, easy pulling and spooling.
- Optional “Freewheel Mode” for both underground and overhead applications.
- Lift arm capacity:16,000 lbs. min.
- Reel size capacity (diameter): 5’ to 9’.
- Reel size capacity (width): 40” to 72”.
- Proportional full function radio remote controlled