Western Tornado Spreader
For CONTRACTOR GRADE® ice control performance, the Tornado Spreader is unstoppable.
Its rugged one-piece poly construction is built to last, and the innovative design features are made for performance, so your ice control jobs get done faster, every time. Available in three sizes, there’s a Tornado Sand and Salt Spreader just right for your snow and ice control contracting business.
- Poly/electric hopper spreader offers a whirlwind of unique features that can’t be found on competitive models
- The Tornado spreader is available in 7- and 8-foot lengths, with 1.5-, 1.8- and 2.5-cubic yard capacities, so you can choose the perfect fit for your needs.
- A steel pintle chain conveyor and corrosion resistant stainless steel housing deliver a more even flow of material either sand, salt or a sand/ salt mix.
- Dual electric motors power the conveyor and spinner, giving you independent control of the material delivery and spinner speed. Electric motors mean low maintenance and reliable starting.
- Built-in top cover doubles as a spill guard to protect the truck bed when filling the hopper.
- Variable speed control utilizes multiplexing technology to provide self-diagnostics
- Quick-detach spinner assembly makes spreader removal and storage easier than ever. An optionally extended spinner and drop chute are available for vehicles with higher truck beds.
- Molded rear “feet” make removal, cleaning, and storage easy
- Standard top screen with two-piece poly cover doubles as a spill guard to keep material out of the truck bed.