Western Tornado UTV Spreader
The WESTERN® Tornado™ 11 cu ft UTV spreader is built to provide top spreader performance in a sturdy, compact ice control package to help you get the job done right.
Designed specifically for UTVs, the Tornado UTV spreader delivers many of the features of the larger models, in a size that is just right for your utility vehicle.
- Corrosion-Resistant Hopper – The one-piece hopper is built of durable polyethylene for corrosion-free performance, whether using rock salt, calcium chloride, sand or any other type of de-icing material.
- Dual Electric Motors – Two instant-start, 12-volt electric motors provide quiet, reliable, independent control over the auger and spinner mechanisms. The spinner motor is sealed inside a weather-resistant housing, protecting it from corrosion.
- Controls – Dual variable-speed control allows you to precisely match material delivery and spread patterns to conditions. A switch to run the vibrator is integrated into the control for operator convenience.
- Material Delivery – Material is delivered by a heavy-duty, powder coated, horizontal steel auger to provide long-lasting, reliable performance. When an obstruction occurs, the transverse auger delivery system can reduce downtime by automatically backing itself in and out until the obstruction is cleared or a required adjustment has been made.
- Spinner – The durable 12″ spinner delivers a spread pattern of up to 40′ and provides long-lasting, corrosion-free performance.
- Drop Chute – The quick-connect drop chute can easily be removed for access to the hitch.
- Inverted V Vibrator – The standard inverted V helps keep sufficient material weight off of the auger, ensuring smooth startup and flow of material. The inverted V is directly connected to a 12-volt vibrator to help reduce bridging and keep material moving to the auger.
- Top Screen – The standard coated steel top screen helps break up large chunks of de-icing material during the loading process to help prevent clogging and bridging during spreader operation.
- Cover – A fitted tarp cover helps de-icing material stay dry to prevent clumping.
- Ratchet Straps – Add additional spreader stability to your vehicle with standard nylon tie-down ratchet straps.
- Frame – Heavy-duty steel with electrostatic powder coat finish.