Knapheide Utility Body
Available in Single Rear Wheel (SRW) and Dual Rear Wheel (DRW) designs as well as standard, low profile and flip top styles. A variety of standard configurations are available from 7 to 15 feet in length and from 40” to 84” CA.
There are three-compartment configurations to choose from:
The 500 Series offers a vertical front compartment, a long horizontal compartment over the wheel well to the back of the unit and a small compartment in theback behind the wheel well.
The 600 Series offers vertical compartments in the front and in the back with a horizontal compartment over the wheel well
The 700 Series offers a combination of the two with a 500 Series design on the curb side and a 600 Series design on the street side.
- Rugged 14 gauge two-sided A-40 galvaneel steel body shell with complete undercoating and a six-year warranty.
- Knapheide’s exclusive “return flange” floor design provides support for side compartments, adds floor strength and eliminates rust-prone exposed seam between the floor and side compartments.
- Double shell, 20-gauge two-sided A-40 galvanneal steel hat section reinforced doors for durability and long life.
- Exclusive thick automotive bulb-type neoprene door seals protect compartment contents from weather.
- 250-lb capacity adjustable divider shelves.
- Interior light guards.
- Exclusive all stainless steel continuous hinges provide superior corrosion protection, full-length support for the doors and pry-proof security with a built-in weather shield.
- Paddle-activated, rotary style latches close easily and stays closed.
- Double spring over center door closures on all vertical doors.
- Exclusive “Quick Mount” installation permits quick, safe mounting of body and bumper, allows easy transfer from chassis to chassis (meets FMVSS301 requirements)
- Knaplock keyless entry
- LED compartment lights
- Standard canopy roof
- Telescopic sliding roof
- Back up alarm
- 7 Prong flat trailer plug
- Overhead material rack
- Overhead ladder rack
- Side mount ladder rack